- 1 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2-3 eggs
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Mix sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla in large bowl.
- Beat on low to mix pound cake ingredients well, then beat on high for 5 minutes.
- On low, add flour, baking powder and milk- beat well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, make cocoa swirl: add cocoa powder, water and 1 cup of pound cake batter and mix on low – set aside.
- Spoon half of the pound cake batter into greased and floured 9 x 5 inch pan – tap pan gently to even out batter.
- Spoon half a cup of the cocoa swirl and spread evenly over the batter – repeat layers.
- Take a butter knife and gently swirl.
- Bake for 60-75 minutes, until a pick comes out clean.